Discover your grammar weaknesses
This book improves your English grammar knowledge
What’s the book?
The book is titled “Grammar Scan” by the world-famous authors Micheal Swan and David Baker. It is basically a test book at three levels:
- Upper Intermediate
How does it work?
- Choose the level that you think is right for you.
- Answer the questions.
- Check your answers in the key at the back of the book.
- If you get some answers wrong, the answer key will show you where in Practical English Usage (3rd Edition) you can find the explanations you need for each point.
- Go to Practical English Usage (3rd Edition) and read the explanations.
- Try the test again, preferably a few days later, and see if you can do better.
Sample test from the book
Which of these present tenses forms is/are correctly used?
A. What are frogs usually eating?
B. The kettle boils. ~ Please take it off the stove.
C. Water boils at 100? Celsius.
D. I’m playing tennis every Wednesday.
E. Alice works for an insurance company.
F. Look – it snows!
A word of advice
Remember: grammar is not the only part of a language that has to be learnt and practiced; it is not even the most important part. Don’t get obsessed with correctness; otherwise, you will end up just learning grammar instead of learning English. Use this book sensibly, in moderation, to help you meet your own personal needs.
About the Author
CEO and Co-founder of Juice Academy
The IELTS Juice Writing Assessment service will be made available soon. Please stay in touch.